I learnt this recipe almost 32 years ago when I was a novice in the kitchen and there was this really elegant and sophisticated Mrs. Kapoor who took cooking classes in Hyderabad. Even at that time she conducted the classes very professionally and the five recipes I learnt from her are etched in my mind. This starter has always been a sure fire hit.
For the white sauce
- 1tsp flour
- 1tsp Butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1/2 cup Boiled corn
- 4 slices round bread
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Grated Mozzarella
- Salt to taste
- Chilli sauce to taste
- Tomato sauce for garnishing and serving
- Make the white sauce with the butter, flour and milk. Get a creamy texture on a slow fire.
- Remove from fire and add the corn, mayonnaise, salt and chilli sauce and mix well.
- Toast the bread on one side on a griddle.
- Spread the corn mixture on the slices.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and toast in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven…..dot with tomato sauce and serve