Living in South India I am more a South Indian than a Sardarni! My cooking and food habits too have become a fusion of the two. Coconut is abundantly available and mustard tempering is common here. These sandwiches are very different from the English sandwiches we are used to and have a completely different taste.
- 1/2 Sandwich bread
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- ½ coconut grated
- 2 green chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 3 tsp Oil
- Mix the grated coconut with the thick hung yogurt.
- Add salt and chillies chopped finely or add a little chilli sauce.
- Smear a bread slice with this mixture and place another on top
- Cut it in the center into triangles.
- Heat a griddle and pour a tsp of oil. Add the mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Place the bread on the popping mustard seeds.
- Grill the sandwiches on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney of your choice.