Yield: ~10 chocolate muffins
Ingredients for Chocolate Muffins:
- 1 cup Milk, fresh & full fat
- 1 tsp Vinegar, white
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate squares
- Preheat oven to 180C for 10 minutes.
- Take a muffin tin and line it with paper liners.
- In a small bowl mix the milk and vinegar and set aside for about 5 minutes or until it curdles.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre. Add the milk mixture, oil and vanilla extract. Mix together until the batter is just softly moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate squares (or chips if using).
- Place a scoop of the batter in each muffin cup hollow.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.