Contributed by Harmit Lamba
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to uniform thinness
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup wine (white or red)
- 3 (14.5-oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1-1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb thin linguine.
- Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste on a large plate.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt & pepper on both sides and dredge them in seasoned flour.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil & butter in a skillet on med-high.
- Fry chicken until golden on both sides.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add garlic & onion to pan. Cook for 2 min.
- Pour in wine, cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, & salt & pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 min.
- Add 1/8 cup cilantro and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Arrange chicken on top of sauce; sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover skillet & simmer until cheese melts & chicken is hot.
- Sprinkle with 1/8 cup cilantro.
- Put pasta on plates; top with chicken, sauce, and cilantro.