A Mughlai dish, the yoghurt-based Chicken Korma is a creamy gravy preparation that goes well with rice or roti.
- 250gm Chicken leg
- 30gm Ginger garlic paste
- 5gm Turmeric
- 10gm Coriander powder
- 50gm Ghee
- 5gm Chopped green chilly
- 5gm Yellow chilly powder
- 50gm Curd
- 50gm Brown onion paste
- 30gm Cashew nut paste
- 3gm Green cardamom powder
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 10gm Salt
- Cream 20ml
- 2gm Garam masala powder
- 2 Bay leaf
- 2 Black cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 5 Green Cardamom
- 2 Mace
- Heat ghee in a pan. Put in whole spices and let it crackle. Add ginger garlic paste with some water and sauté well.
- Add turmeric and coriander powder and cook well.
- Add the yogurt and cook till the oil comes up.
- Add chicken along with spices and stir it well until the masala is cooked. Thereafter, add brown onion paste and cashew nut paste.
- When masala leaves fat, add yellow chilly and green chilly.
- Put chicken stock and cook until chicken becomes soft and tender.
- Add garam masala, cardamom powder and cream for just a few minutes to retain flavor.
- Finish with fresh chop coriander leaves and green cardamom powder.
This recipe was contributed by Chef Ajay Chopra, Executive Chef, The Westin Mumbai Garden City. It was part of the ‘Dilli Khaas’ food festival menu, which was held at Kangan Restaurant in August, 2012.