- Red chilli powder
- Haldi (Turmeric)
- Garam Masala
- Kasuri Methi
- Lots of finely chopped onions
- Boneless chicken – diced
- Okra – 1/2 inch pieces
- Mix the chilli powder, salt and turmeric. Marinate the chicken in this for about an hour.
- Add oil in the pan, bring to high heat
- Add the okra and fry till they are bright green and just a wee bit stiff. Take these out and set aside.
- Add the onions now and fry till they start turning brown at the edges
- Add all the spices and fry a bit more.
- Add all the chicken with the yogurt and all. Remember to do all this at high heat.
- Stir it around a bit, till the chicken is cooked on the outside (turns white).
- Add some water, just a little, this is not meant to have a watery gravy.
- Add the kasuri methi and stir.
- Lower the flame and cook till the chicken is done.
- Mix in the fried okra.
- Serve with Rotis. Doesn’t go well with rice or bread.
- Another idea: If any gets left over – add some butter to a pan, dump the left overs in it and serve with toast. :)