This is a simple recipe for soft cheese. Soft cheeses include full fat and low fat soft fresh cheeses. You’ll need:
- Portions of fresh, chopped Chervil, Parsley, Chives and Tarragon
- Soft cheese
Mix all the above ingredients and chill. This can be served on its own, with fresh bread or as a topping for baked jacketed potatoes.
In the Indian context w.r.t. availability of ingredients, we can translate the recipe as:
- A tub of Cheese spread (preferably plain)
- Fresh coriander, chopped fine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped onions
Mix ’em all and chill. Can be used as a filling for paranthas or on whole grain toast. Serve as is, or spread on bread and pop into the oven. Variations:
- Crumble some paneer into it and mix
- Dash of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce.
- A teaspoon of finely chopped green chillies
- Mix in some coarsely chopped, dry roasted garlic