Serves: 2 / Preparation time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 250 gm chana jor garam
- 50 ml oil
- 10 gm cumin seeds
- 20 gm green chilies, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 20 gm coriander powder
- 10 gm red chilli powder
- 10 gm cumin powder, roasted
- 10 gm black salt
- 10 gm dry mango powder
- 20 gm coriander, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 30 gm onion, chopped
- 30gm tomatoes, chopped
- 10 gm raw mango, chopped
- Chaat masala, to taste
- Some nylon sev for sprinkling
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, green chilies, bay leaf and sauté for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, black salt and dried mango powder and sauté on low heat.
- Add chop coriander, salt and mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, onion, tomato, raw mango, chaat masala, nylon sev and chana jor garam over it, mix gently and serve.
- Make paper cones and serve the Chana Chor Garam in it.
– Recipe and photo courtesy: Chef Rajib Mazumder, Grand Hyatt Goa began his culinary career at The Hilton in New Delhi in 1997 and later moved to The Park Hyatt, Delhi before shifting to Dubai in 1998 to work at the Dubai Golf and Racing Club as Chef de Partie. He joined Grand Hyatt Mumbai in 2006 as Sous Chef. Four years later, he took over the reins of the kitchen of Grand Hyatt Goa as Executive Sous Chef.