Finally, a vegetarian recipe! You’ll need:
- 1/4 large cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 2 tbsp scraped coconut
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsp black gram [chana]
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 large pieces of garlic
- Turmeric, salt to taste
- Shred cabbage and slice carrots, chop onions and chillies.
- Mash garlic. Grind coconut with a little water to a fine paste.
- Boil vegetables until tender.
- Remove from fire and drain excess water if any.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and black gram.
- When browned add garlic, onion and green chillies.
- Finally, add the cooked vegetables, salt, turmeric powder and ground coconut with enough water for a gravy.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.
You can also use peas in place of the carrots.