Contributed by Dana Van Dingen
- 250 ml of light beer
- 100 ml of water
- 1/2kg flour Maida
- 2 tsp crushed caraway, cumin, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, thyme etc
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon dry yeast
- In the Breadmaker first insert all the liquid ingredients and salt, than end up with flour and yeast. For baking use the “Basic program”.
- If we will bake it in the oven its very simple. Here thanks to the beer ( the beer already has yeast and sugar and that will help to the dry yeast start working without making the sourdough) so you can simply mix all ingredients.
- Allow the dough in a warm place to rise for at least an hour.
- The longer the better. Bake at 180-200 degree. about an hour, each according to his oven.
- Do not forget to add a metal container with water on bottom of the oven .
- During baking in the oven, brush the bread with water.
Note: If you have a home Breadmaker this is the ideal recipe. But this bread will taste delicious also when it is baked in the classic oven.