I’ll cook with whatever’s in the kitchen and that’s usually when some of my best work happens – in the presence of restrictions.
- Baingan / Aubergine: Seasoned and fried on low heat.
- Potatoes: Cut into fine strips, boiled, topped with chili oil
- Tomatoes: Sliced, raw
- Onions: Fried, mildly
- Raw baby spinach and tomatoes: No seasoning
- Spinach: Blanched, squeezed, chopped, tossed with raw garlic, sesame oil and salt.
- Topping: Freshly crushed black peppercorns, salt, basil leaves, mint leaves and garlic, fried in olive oil.
Here’s a video of the plating.