Contributed by Michaela S Samant
To make 2 Strudels
- 350 grams Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 30 grams baking butter
- 125 ml of lukewarm water
For the Filling:
- 3 pieces of apples (peeled and grated)
- ground cinnamon powder
- castor sugar
- extra butter to brush strudel
- Sieve flour into a bowl, add water, melted (cooled down a bit) butter, egg, vinegar and knead the dough. If it is too sticky dust it with little flour at a time and knead until it is smooth, soft, non-sticky dough. Dust the bowl with flour, keep dough in it, cover and let it rest for atleast 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- While you are heating up your oven dust kitchen desk surface with some flour and keep your dough there. Cut it in half, one half keep in bowl other one keep on desk. Roll it until it is paper thin. On one side of rolled dough place grated apples along its edge. Sprinkle ground cinnamon (be generous) and castor sugar. Roll the dough and kep it on the baking tray which you greased with oil before.
- Pierce the strudel with fork on top in few places, brush with melted butter and bake for 30 minutes on 190 degrees. After 30 minutes take the tray out of oven, brush strudel with melted butter again and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Then remove strudel out of oven, again brush with melted butter and let cool for sometimes. Finally dust with powdered sugar and serve.