I needed to whip up a quick meal yesterday and since we had been on vacation, there wasn’t much to work on. Found a bit of pork undercut in the freezer, a small cabbage, 2 tomatoes, some ginger paste, a small bowl of sliced onions and away we went. We’ll need:
- 300gms Pork undercut, sliced into medallions [about 5mm thick]
- 1.5 tsp ginger paste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small cabbage, cut into thin slices
- 2 medium size tomatoes, finely chopped
- Garlic salt [or add 1/2 tsp garlic paste if you don’t have garlic salt]
- Chilli powder
- 3 tbsp mango pickle [use the light golden variety that has soft slices of mango]
- Heat the oil.
- Add the pork. Make sure it is dry. Stir fry on high heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, ginger paste, tomatoes and cabbage and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Add 300ml water. Add the salt and chilli powder. Mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the pickle
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with bread or kulchas in bowls. If you need to eat this with rice, thicken the mixture with a little cornflour [add 1 tbsp cornflour to 3 tbsp cold water. mix. add to gravy while stirring. simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.].
Note: Regulate cooking time based on the quality of the meat and the thickness of the slices. Substitute with chicken or mutton if you wish. Adjust cooking time accordingly.