Poha is made from flattened rice and is good for a light snack or for breakfast. This dish can have many variants and is probably made a little differently in every home. Here’s how I make it.
- Sprinkle the poha with water, and lightly knead. Do not soak. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add red chili powder, haldi, salt, mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- A few seconds later [the mustard should crackle], add the ginger and onions
- Fry till the onions give a hint of browning at the edges
- Add the red chillies, peanuts, green chilies.
- Fry for a minute.
- Crumble the potatoes into the mixture
- Mix the whole lot well
- Add the poha.
- Serve hot with pickle. [thats red chilli pickle in the picture]