Allowed All The Time
Please feel free to do any of the following, at any time, without attached conditions, as long as any other sections are not violated.
- Post anything related to food
- Share photos without recipes
- Share your own food videos by uploading them to the group
- Share anyone’s post from the main wall, to any other location, by using the Share button, without seeking the poster’s permission
- Post or comment in any language
- Tag a moderator if you need help
- Report a post or comment to the Admin if it is in violation of these rules
- Share links to CaL assets
- Get support by writing to email@example.com or by visiting our support site.
Allowed with Conditions
The following actions are conditionally allowed. Please read carefully and understand them.
- Post non-food topics. They are very rarely approved and take into consideration the member’s history prior to approval, if at all.
- Message individual moderators/admins, only for urgent situations from the group’s point of view. Your personal issues, curiosity etc. are not urgent from the group’s point of view. Please visit our Support Page and submit a ticket for group related help and support.
- Share reviews on restaurants and food related products / services, including tagging their FB pages and posting photos, only if you aren’t associated with the restaurant / product or services in any manner.
- Share links to blogs and other websites, only if you aren’t associated with the shared link, website or blog in any manner. If you have a blog and would like to share links, please see this page. Specifically, the following, among other social media accounts / platforms may not be shared if you’re associated with them in any manner.
- YouTube links
- Pinterest links
- Instagram links
- Share images without giving credit, only if credit isn’t being claimed in any manner, direct or indirect, explicitly or implicitly by the poster, and subject to deletion based on moderator discretion in addition to a request for deletion by the original owner.
- Share Facebook links, only in response to a direct request in a comment to your post and then only as a reply to that comment.
Not Allowed at Any Time
- Unauthorised promotions.
- This includes but isn’t limited to blogs, YouTube links, Pinterest links, Instagram links, WhatsApp groups, contests, social causes, home baking, home food ventures and businesses among others.
- Posts will be judged as promotional at the discretion of individual moderators.
- Sharing or posting of products belonging to categories that are available for sale by the poster are considered promotional.
- Sharing top level links, such as the entry page to a website, a Facebook page etc. are considered promotional.
- Commercial, social media account or brand watermarks among others, on posted images are considered promotional.
- Making health related claims for blog posts or recipes, asking health related questions, making health related comments or giving health related advice.
- Blocking a moderator / admin
- Express support for rule violations explicitly via comments or implicitly via likes.
- Post criticism, discuss the rules, moderators or moderation on the wall. Criticism is welcome via our support system, or in the case of critical issues, private messages.
- Post content or behave in a manner that is deemed to be against the spirit of the group, at the discretion of individual moderators.
- Share memes, forwards and other such content, even if it is food related.
- Be rude, sexist, anti-social, abusive, discriminatory, sexually explicit; discuss religion, politics, moderators, moderation, the group’s values, the rules; obstruct group activities directly or indirectly; support rule violations through silence, likes or comments; harass moderators by messaging them repeatedly; repeatedly break the rules, ignore or do not act on a moderator’s instructions or notification.
- Stalk members, send members sexually explicit messages or continue messaging them after being asked not to do so; falsely claim ownership of content including recipes and images.
Group Specific Exceptions
- The CAL Readers group allows the promotion of books and reading/book related events, even if commercial by anyone, including those associated with the event.
- The Right Side of Life group only allows vegetarian posts.
- The CAL Wellness and Intermittent Fasting for Health and Wellness groups allow the sharing of health related information and commentary, but only when accompanied by supporting links from NCBI, healthline.com, livestrong.com and calwellness.in