Here’s an opportunity for you to show off your skills in the kitchen. Nasima Singh’s Desi Firangi brings to you a contest where you can go wild experimenting with new flavours for your desserts.
Make any dessert that is a fusion of desi and firangi flavours, much like Desi Firangi’s signature Rasmalai Cake. That’s it.
- Recipe sharing is compulsory
- Recipes must be accompanied by photos
- Each participant can share more than one entry by hash tagging entry number. Your first entry’s hashtag will be ‘#Entry1’, the second entry, ‘#Entry2’ and the third, ‘#Entry3’. Each recipe should be posted in a separate post.
- A maximum of 3 entries per person is allowed.
- Participants must share pictures of the final product only. Please post a maximum of 3 pictures per entry.
- All posts must include the hashtags, #calcontest and #desifirangicontest in addition to the entry number hashtags as mentioned earlier in the case of multiple entries.
- Please like and share the Desi Firangi Facebook page.
- Absolutely no plagiarism please. If you’re inspired by someone else giving credit is a must by mentioning the person’s / organisation’s name and if possible a link to the recipe you were inspired by.
- All entries must be of a dessert prepared by the participant.
- Participants not following any of the above rules will be disqualified.
- The decision of the judges will be final. The judges are Nasima Singh, Rhea Mitra-Dalal and Dr. Binti Jhuraney.
- Winners will be judged based on their innovation, quality of the recipe, looks of the final product and the number of likes, with the number of likes having the smallest weightage.
Starts 22 September 2018 at 12:00 am and ends 28 September 2018 at 11:59 pm.
The results will be announced on 3rd October 2018.
- 1st Prize: One seat in Desi Firangi’s most sought after One-day, 100% hands-on workshop for Basic Egg-less Whipped Cream Cakes. (worth INR 5500) (pictures below are representative of what you’ll learn how to make)
- 2nd Prize: Baker’s Starter Tool Kit. (worth INR 3500)
- 3rd Prize: Desi Firangi’s signature flavour 1 kg Rasmalai cake (worth INR 2100)
Participants can be based anywhere, but have to provide an address for delivery of prizes within Mumbai city limits. The 1st Prize can be claimed within 3 months of declaration of results (discussed and scheduled as per mutual convenience of the winner and DesiFirangi). The 2nd and 3rd prizes will be dispatched within 10 days from the date of declaration of results. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full address and telephone number as soon as you can after declaration of the winner.