All of us try not to waste food by reusing leftovers, though some of us are really good at it. Show off your talent by sharing your creations in this contest by Skindulgence Body Care.
Food waste is food that is discarded or lost uneaten.
Over 1/3rd of all food produced globally is wasted. As area larger than China is used to grow food that is never eaten. In most developed countries over half of all food waste takes place in the home. (www.olioex.com) However this is a modern phenomena. Our ancestors knew more about the sustainable use of resources than we do.
We can bring about a big change by making small changes in our kitchens. I remember my grandmother would make delicious curries out of vegetable peels. She would teach me how to peel the matar ke chilke to make a dish.
We can use vegetable scraps to make vegetable stock. Citrus peels can be dried, powdered and used in cakes. Leftover bread can be made into croutons. Stale bread can be used to thicken soups.
So show us your creativity by using any food waste or leftover to make delicious food.
- Recipe sharing is compulsory and must accompany every entry.
- Each participant can share more than one entry by hash tagging each entry number. Your first entry’s hashtag will be ‘#Entry1’, the second entry, ‘#Entry2’ and the third, ‘#Entry3’. Each recipe should be posted in a separate post.
- A maximum of 3 entries per person is allowed.
- Participants must share pictures of the final product and the leftover/waste item it was made of. Please post a maximum of 3 pictures per entry.
- All posts must include the hashtags, #calcontest and #skindulgencecontest in addition to the entry number hashtags as mentioned earlier in the case of multiple entries.
- Please like and share the Skindulgence Facebook page.
- Absolutely no plagiarism please. If you’re inspired by someone else giving credit is a must by mentioning the person’s / organisation’s name and if possible a link to the recipe you were inspired by.
- All entries must be of a dish prepared by the participant.
- Participants not following any of the above rules will be disqualified.
- The decision of the judges will be final. The judges are Mukulika Sengupta, Rhea Mitra-Dalal and Dr. Binti Jhuraney.
- Winners will be judged based on their innovation, quality of the recipe and looks of the final product. The number of likes has no significance.
Starts 23 October 2018 at 12:00 am and ends 29 October 2018 at 11:59 pm.
The results will be announced on 5th November 2018.
- 1st Prize: A hamper of 12 premium, handmade soaps (worth ~ INR 2,400)
- 2nd Prize: A hamper of 10 premium, handmade soaps (worth ~ INR 2,000)
- 3rd Prize: A hamper of 8 premium, handmade soaps (worth ~ INR 1,600)
Participants can be based anywhere, but have to provide an address for delivery of prizes within India. The prizes can be claimed within 3 months of declaration of results. Please write to email@example.com with your full address and telephone number as soon as you can after declaration of the winner.