* Serves: 8 *
* Time: 30 Minutes *
For fresh Pasta Dough
- 180gm all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For Ravioli Filling
- 5gm vegetable oil
- 200g chicken mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 125g white mushrooms, chopped
- 65ml hot water
- 2 cubes Maggi chicken stock
- 15gm flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100gm mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 medium egg, well beaten
- 65g fresh bread crumbs
- To prepare ravioli pasta, in a mixing bowl, pour flour and stir in the eggs and olive oil. Knead until smooth and stretchy. Place the dough in a plastic bag. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, heat vegetable oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add the chicken and sauté until half cooked. Add onions, mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Add hot water, chicken stock, parsley and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then mix with the mozzarella and set aside.
- To assemble raviolis, divide fresh pasta dough into 2 equal pieces. Use a pasta roller or a rolling pin on a well-floured surface and flatten each piece of dough to 2-1 mm thickness
- Cut flat dough into circular pieces with a cookie cutter.
- Place 1?2 tbsp of the filling in the centre of the cut dough.
- Brush the edge with beaten egg, place another square piece of dough on top and using a fork, press on the edge to seal the ravioli. Repeat the same with the remaining filling and dough.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place raviolis on a greased cookie sheet and bake in an oven for 20-15 minutes until the top and bottom are light golden brown.
- Remove and serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce.
Notes: Serve this dish with a fresh vegetable dip like homemade guacamole or fresh tomato salsa for your kids to enjoy.
Recipe Courtesy: CaLDRON, May 2015