* Serves: 2 *
* Preparation: 20 minutes *
* Cooking: 30 minutes *
- 750 ml sugarcane juice
- 1?2 inch ginger, peeled and smashed
- 100 gm red rice
- 1?4 cup dry coconut, grated
- Dry fruits, for garnish
- 50 ml condensed milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- In a heavy bottomed pan, boil the sugarcane juice and ginger on a low flame. Stir at regular intervals.
- Skim the impurities that rise to the top. Remove the ginger.
- Add the red rice and grated coconut and cook till rice is cooked through.
- Add the condensed milk and finish with cardamom powder.
- Serve garnished with choice of nuts or dry fruits.