* Serves: 4 *
* Preparation: 30 minutes *
* Cooking: 1 hour*
- 6 Granny smith apples (green apples), peeled and cored
- 1?4 Demerara or brown sugar
- 1?4 honey
- 1?2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1?4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1?2 cup raisins
- 1?2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1?2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1?2 cup quinoa seeds
- 1?4 cup skimmed milk
- Preheat oven at 180°C and grease a baking dish.
- Cut the apples into thick slices and place in a bowl of water.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, honey, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and quinoa seeds. Fold in raisins, walnuts, almonds and apples.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish. Pour the milk on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the cake is soft.
- Cool the apple bake lightly before serving.